Construction crews in Vienna last year made an unprecedented discovery. They found intertwined skeletal remains in a mass grave dating to the 1st-century Roman Empire. Now experts at the Vienna Museum on Wednesday have given a first public presentation of their findings. Archaeologists say the discovery is unparalleled in Central Europe. The bodies of 129 people have been confirmed at the site. “It is truly a battlefield,” one archaeologist says. Every skeleton examined showed signs of injury. The investigation continues. Construction crews in Vienna last year made an unprecedented discovery. They found intertwined skeletal remains in a mass grave dating to the 1st-century Roman Empire. Now experts at the Vienna Museum on Wednesday have given a first public presentation of their findings. Archaeologists say the discovery is unparalleled in Central Europe. The bodies of 129 people have been confirmed at the site. “It is truly a battlefield,” one archaeologist says. Every skeleton examined showed signs of injury. The investigation continues. AP Technology and Science